Monday, October 16, 2006

You think you are so much better...

You know those people, that you were friends with, who act like your friends, smile at you, ask how you're doing, but it's just a front, not who they really are.

I find myself surrounded by guys like that. Is it me that attracts "friends" like that? Those people who smile through their teeth, everything is a competition, show off, flashy fakes?

I know I'm smarter than them, but when they see their doing better this smugness crosses their face. Like they think they are superior... do they have any idea how meaningless they are to me?

If I were to give up my life and my personality, could I not perform that much better?

Such is my opinion... don't mistake my laziness for my actual intelligence. Don't mistake my manner for actual feeling... Don't mistake me again... ever.

2 comments:

BrownEyedGirl said...

I like you just the way you are.

Whatafreak said...

I'm not stupid, I know you're smart.

College isn't a contest. Don't let other people ruin the experience for you!

I think the fake friend thing is really common, particularly among Christians. I hate to say that, but I spent loads of time with homeschoolers and I know how that feels. Happens in church, too. They act like you are their best friend, but then slam you in private or when they aren't around you. I've experienced all that, more than I care to remember. Now you know why I hate homeschoolers, haha!

Keep that chin up and don't let yourself get caught up in others' preception of what college should be.