Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Stress and Joy in Writing.

I finished my research paper for American West about an hour before it had to be turned in, then didn't get a break because I had Literature and Accounting homework to do as well. And that was depressing... I just wanted a break.

I started reading good ol' fantasy again. And Andy's current situation with his wanting to finally write his book has me wanting to start mine again... so I say down, opened that dusty old file from the archives of my PC and read through what I had written in the past... not bad... not very good either.

But I think I'm going to try. I spent 20 or 30 minutes adding stuff to what I already had earlier today, and just generally trying to work out in my mind what more was to come.

Who knows, maybe I'll get somewhere, or maybe I'll get nowhere at all, but it's worth a shot. Books are a nice reprieve from daily life, it's like taking a mental vacation, and if I could give that to one person, even myself, it would be worth it to me to write.

And now I have to work on homework... the never ending grind.

1 comment:

BrownEyedGirl said...

I think that writing a story will be really good for you. I'm so proud of you for working so hard, you have done excellent work. You need a vacation sweetie!