Sunday, January 14, 2007

Reminiscing About The Future...

So with the addition of another blog entry I have to assume that no one reads what I write anyways so anything I say is as good as still in my mind. But it's nice to be able to catalog thoughts so you can go back and remember how you felt.

I'm going to speak on some disappointments that I've felt recently.

Life at Fox makes me sad or depressed for the most part. I sat down in the Bon with David Way the day before yesterday and another girl was telling us how she hated it when people beat around the bush and tried to trick the teacher into saying what they wanted to say so they could agree. And you know what, that may look cowardly, but not when you view the alternative... have you ever said something controversial in a classroom at Fox? You get torn to shreds. And as I pointed this out, you could see from their expressions and nods of agreement that I was right, that is what happens. Commie Kyle, with no offense to Kyle, may generally be the way Kyle is: a badass, but I have never felt judged while in Kyle's presence, I've never felt uncomfortable or that I wasn't good enough, religious enough, smart enough. And that feeling of not being enough is a feeling I get while sitting in a classroom at Fox, listening to my peers answer questions or speak aloud about politically correct "Christian issues." I wonder how many care and how many are acting...

I may not be the strongest Christian, I may be mean sometimes, not love my neighbor as much as I should, but I realize that weakness, I don't try to convince people of my piousness, that is between me and the big man.

Fox is a Christian school, and it shouldn't be that I feel that my faith's less than it was before I came. I had hoped for a strengthening experience, and while there have been(a good deal thanks to Penn, and most importantly Haskell and Sarah), there's been way more instances or situations that deter or diminish what I have.

I know it's not my place to judge, and realistically I should be one of the last, but it's sad to see so much of the blatant disregard from others from what I'm no longer going to refer to as Christians, since there are a good group of people that are actually amazing Christians that I don't think should be grouped with those that I speak of, so I'm going to call those I don't like as "Fox Specials" as a way of capturing a group at once without overgeneralizing.

And with that, good night everyone.

1 comment:

Whatafreak said...

I don't know if I am included in your generalization regarding whether or not anyone visits your blog, but I thought I would point out that I do visit from time to time.