Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The End #2

It's the last week of my second year of college. Think about what I've lived through in the last 2 years. I've met dozens of people, fell in love with friends and THE girl. I've met some amazing people, one I'm sitting next right next to as I type, David Way, a genius, unkempt just like every one before him, with a mind that frankly astounds me, he just... knows everything. David is going to be gone next year, he's done, after 5 years, and I only counting him as a friend for one of them, he's going off to make his mark on the world. Parker is gone, he was only here for a year, probably the best year of my life, and then he was gone. My roommates this year, though at times they have bothered me, I've lived with them, shared 5% of my life with them, 10% if you count last year. Joe is gone now. I have memories of walking into my suite after walking down to her room at night, and even though it was 11, Joe would be there, WoW loaded on his laptop, Fox would be asleep, like always, by this late, but Joe would be there. It was like clockwork. It's like a summer memory, it's a warm memory.

In 3 days, George'll be gone. And that'll be the end of that chapter of my life, the Sutton chapter. Will I see George this much ever again? He was a roommate, quirky, but caring. And the next chapter will start, and to be honest, I'm not sure how it will go. Joe was overly opinionated, George under. It was a weird grouping of people, a thrown together situation because we were the rejects that no one else wanted to live with, so we got together, the way rejects do, and formed something out of nothing.

I've been dating the girl that I'm going to marry for over a year, 15 months now.

Andy and Nick are gone. Back to California, Koda is getting married. Slowly it seems like the fabric of my life is starting to pull apart the seams and separate.

Craig is graduating and going back home, it's like I can start to see the finish line myself and know that I'll have to provide for myself and for her, and there's a lot of growth and understanding that is going to have to happen before then.

Alex was thinking of moving to Arizona, but now he's talking of sticking around and going to PSU. But that was nearly one more relationship gone.

Haskell is living with me next year, Haskell, Chris, and Brian. Three more people I have a chance to know, to get closer to. Life is all about relationships Van Wilder once said, and you know what? That's something worth writing down.

Me and George have been playing WoW, new characters on a new server, but we only play together, we don't play unless we are both on, that way we stick together. And that keeps us accountable, we motivate each, we hang out, we talk. If all relationships in life were as simple and easy as me and George the world would be a happier place.

That's all for now.

Me and George are level 20 Blood Elf Rogues by the way. Very Bad-A.

1 comment:

BrownEyedGirl said...

I love you.

...and yes you are very Bad A.