Thursday, April 06, 2006

Sittin, Thinkin, Cursin...

So... as I sit here, working on the 2nd page of my 6 page paper I neglected until the night before (Man after your own heart, right Andy?) I was hit with the sudden realization of what life has become for me.

My room is dark, illumination comes mainly from the computer monitor, It's cold, both windows are open, every now and then glancing at the pictures on my desk of the girl I absolutely adore, worried, excited, and anxious over the work I have left to do before I can rest... and the smell of a spring night drifts through the window on a gentle breeze and it sparks memories, of the way life was.

And look at me... am I older than I was? I still feel young, I still feel like a 13 year old. In fact when I give my age, I stumble a bit... because it feels like I never matured, I mean, numbers changed but not the person.

I hate and love research at the same time, excited because every time I open a book my way of thinking is changed in some way, but I hate having to then exercise my new found understanding onto a blank page.

I have some other thoughts, but I'll wait til a little later on in the night before I extrapolate.

Have a good night, whoever stumbles across this.

1 comment:

Whatafreak said...

Haha, I would have slept for 3 hours and then get up at 3am to start the paper. I find it easier to sleep first for a few hours and then get up early to get stuff done.