Monday, May 22, 2006

Always having to start over at the end...

I have a problem coping with the end of things, the end of books, tv shows, movies... I don't want them to end, I invest so much of myself into those things that when they end it does feel like a person I'm atually friends with has died, because I will never see or read about them again... they are, for all intents and purposes, dead.

The Da Vinci Code is an amazing book, no wonder it sparks so much controversy, it makes you want to believe what it's saying. You feel so much natural kinship to Langdon that you automatically want to just go with him in everything, you want it to be real.

So now it has ended, and I'm depressed... I love books, I love reading, it stems from a deep burning hunger for knowledge. Something that has been ever present as long as I can remember, I love to learn new things, trivial knowledge is my forte.

And within that trivial knowledge I find self-purpose. I know more about Star Wars than anyone I've ever met save Andy and Nick. And as geeky and nerdy as that is, I feel a sense of pride at that.

The purpose that I've chosen for myself is as a Protector of Trivial Knowledge, of the not so common conception of thought.

And now, with a somewhat depressed outlook on my day as a whole, I continue on, for the acquisition of knowledge is never ending.

4 comments:

Whatafreak said...

You know so much more about Galaxies than I do, it actually is ri-freaking-diculous, don't forget about that!

The geekiness and nerdiness you speak of is not necessarily a bad thing. My hobby for about the last 10 years (computers, for those not in the know) may land me a job working for the City of Fresno Police Department. My (and your) penchant for obscure bits of information is a trait I would never trade away.

"Don't say that, don't you ever say that. Stay here. Stay as long as you can!"

Whatafreak said...

BTW, if anyone is on the fence about seeing The Da Vinci Code movie, don't be. Hop off on the good side and go see it. I enjoyed it a lot even though it didn't follow the book as closely as I would have liked, but most films adapted from books are like that anyway.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»