Saturday, May 07, 2005

Only a day older than Adult...

I'm finally 18, I've finally an adult, but I wish I wasn't. Responsibility being the last thing I want.

Although it comes with perks.

Up until this point I never did anything that could get me in serious trouble so to save my parents any greif, gives me an easy feeling that now my actions won't be rolled off on them. That makes me feel better.

I know longer find solace in computers, in games, in reading, in cars... I feel like a rowboat that washed out two miles snagged on some reef and is now being beat to death by crashing waves and not being able to see land in any direction.
Since the wreck of my car I've just been out of it. Out of everything.

The sudden booming progression in my life for college, my birthday, and my senior year coming to an end and the thought of leaving my crappy little hometown has me wanting to lapse back and do nothing but watch cartoons and drink kool-aid. And the stress my friggin school is putting on the senior class is giving me a friggin ulcer.

Monday is senior project presentations, I give an 8-15 minute speech to a board of selected advisors... which may not sound too bad, but one of them is Asian, how am I going to look intelligent explaining technology to an Asian guy (mind you this isn't the technologically inept Haskell-type Asian).

Oh well... only a few more weeks til graduation...

No comments: