Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Half-life of Horror

Can life exist without conflict? Every hero needs conflict... but the real question is am I a hero and is it something I need to exist?

A hero...

The world needs heroes just like a hero needs a conflict to arise victorious out of.

Is it strange that I zone out and my head is filled with these heroic daydreams?

Makes a person feel out of place. I was born in the wrong era... I can only be a hero through games and movies, through the media.

Oh well... I guess I wait until the right conflict arises. It seems that I'm always so far out of adventure's way.

But I guess that's what creates the hero, a situation, a conflict, and without one an ordinary person will remain an ordinary person. But is it the hero that seeks adventure or is that the villain's job?

Is the hero the happenstance victor, the person thrown in without choice and has to protect all he's ever known? That's what it seems like.

That makes me the villain. But a hero can't be born without a villain right? That is the villain's job... to create the hero.

So I create a hero, but what if the villain is the hero?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are my hero