Monday, August 08, 2005

Convoy - Ag Style

I have to start driving again tomorrow and it'll run all the way to the beginning of the school year. 3rd cutting of Haylage... The continuation of collecting my meager and worthless belongings into boxes or the trash has kept me a little bit busy... Anything I can do to get my mind off of coming to Fox/driving my truck. Both seem equally unappealing.

I have a small fan in my cab, which does absolutely no good. 110 degrees outside and about 10 above that inside my cab and the fan does nothing but push it around. Seems that everytime I have to drive a record heatwave comes out of nowhere, it could be pouring rain but as soon as I start opening the door of that stupid truck, out comes the sun and dries up all the rain and then all over the radio the host is droning about how hot it is outside and how abnormal the temperatures are and how good his air conditioned station feels... The hay also itches, so when you load and sometimes when you unload its wise to have your window rolled up, trapping the heat in the cab with you... as my dad waves at me and smiles from his air conditioned chopper and my uncle laughs at my from the cab of his air conditioned ginormous packing tractor. I swear...

But then as you drive down the road you see manure trucks, piled high with cow crap and you think, Hey maybe my job isn't so bad after all, at least I don't smell.

I beat Theresa at Scrabble, with the words "Craw" and "Snow", she put the nail in her own coffin with the word "Raw" which I used to make both of those words to win the game. Dang I'm good.
Oh yeah. She never saw it coming.

Well Maves is out delivering Pizzas again. He seems pretty happy about his job (I think it's because he doesn't have to put that pizza hut sign on his car). Anyways, I'm gonna get back to cleaning up my stuff.

No comments: