Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The End of the Longest Driving Session

Tomorrow is my last day of driving. I've been driving for 3 years and did all the scale and billing for 3 years before that, I'm so sick of silage I can't see straight and want to gag everytime I smell it. Today was the perfect driving day. It was a cool 65 degrees, windy and overcast... but as luck would have it, the hay was too wet to chop so it extended our schedule to tomorrow being the last day and I just know that when I get up in the morning its gonna be a sweltering 95 degrees... man I hate my life... on the upside because all we have left is a mini-mini-pivot (4 pivot tracks to the pivot point) and 3 more rows out of the full pivot we finished today(they decided to swath the weeds on the edges....)

Anyways everyday driving with Joe I learn something new. Apparently he knew the Italian Mafia Hitman, Jimmy the Weasel. Jimmy the Weasel had 13 successful contract killings and there was no good evidence against him, he was good at what he did, but the government finally got him for tax evasion. So as soon as Jimmy got out of the pen he had to find and hold down a job for a little while, as fate might have it he got a job at the same wrecking yard as Joe. So Joe got to know Jimmy a little bit, said he was around 5'10" had thick glasses and was the nicest guy you'd ever meet, unless he had a contract on you then, "He wasn't afraid to use that piano wire." as Joe said.

Joe said that the Governor of California at the time was also an italian and was frequently getting in touch with Jimmy the Weasel at the wrecking yard, after claiming on television and during his campaign that he had no connection with the mafia. Joe said one day 2 brand new black cars full of men in suits got out, carrying several briefcases, talked to Jimmy by the office to the wrecking yard, went into the office, came out (lacking the briefcases) got into the cars and left. Joe said the next day found out that they had bought the wrecking yard...

Joe's been there and done that... said he's now lived through 8 wars. Friggin cool old guy, always talking about the way stuff used to be. Can't wait to tell kids my stories... "There I was... alone in my cubicle, when all of a sudden..." Doesn't sound as impressive as a mafia story...

Oh well, I should be coming up to Fox mid week, couple days before the dorms open, for the sake of getting the heck outa here.

Finished GTO today, great show, I'm prolly a little depressed its over but... I've gotta nother few series downloading right now, should be ready in a few days...

No comments: