Saturday, August 13, 2005

End of Day 5, and the Vigil Continues....

Today was the 5th day driving, I'm getting more used to the early hours, I'm waking up two or three minutes before my alarm goes off, and am growing increasingly anxious to be done with work and be driving up to Oregon, at the current time I'm toying with the idea of making the journey a few days earlier and living in my brother's apartments til school starts... I know this won't happen, but it makes me happier thinking I might.

I "messed around" with my blog a little more, trying to learn the basics of CCS... I think it's a little more advanced than it was. Kept the same stock Blogger template and added an element and modified the others.

I'm running out of activities to do outside of work, I've watched every cartoon I could download and then some, and even started delving into the past months of bloggin by Haskell and Erin, and everyone else at Fox... Sad? Hell yeah it is... but as Joe (A 60-year old truck driver I work with who looks like he's from ZZ Top) says, I'm young, dumb, and full of cum.... and I have no idea how that pertains to the situation so don't ask, I was just giving you a little insight on the types of people I consort with.

Joe: Dude as old as the hills... literally. He's seen and done everything. Been working steady since the 6th grade. (Examples on everything= Seen a human foot still inside a shoe when they crushed a wrecked car at a wrecking hard. And he's seen brains splattered all over the headliner of a car (same wrecking yard job), He's also worked in a pencil slat factory.

Hot Rod Donna: Trucker lady, almost as old as Joe. She has muscles that would make most guys cringe in fear. She walks and talks like a man, and her husband (who uses a walker and can only mumble excitedly) thinks he is the best thing since the earth was created (but he sucks at everything) and is annoying as crap.

Mike: Mike's prolly around 30, drives the biggest truck, Mike is mostly there to make fun of everyone else. He's a pretty good guy, and has some pretty good material, though sprinkled heavily with profanity, he's pretty cool to hang around with while the chopper's busted or we're waiting for something. (Mike has been sharing his truck with this enormous rat for like 2 months, Donna jumped in and beat it to death with a hammer, that thing was more like a large cat...)

I mostly just mess around with this small collective all day every day... sometimes its entertaining, somtimes it sucks... just depends on the conditions and the weather.

Frick now I got to sleep, tomorrows day 6... dang I hate my life.

1 comment:

simplyhaskell said...

actually sounds kinda fun.