Monday, January 02, 2006

Time to Jazz Things Up a Bit, Eh?

First full day back in Oregon. Brother woke me up before 11... wouldn't let me go back to sleep. I got up, showered, and went to the Lucky F for some Chinese food. Something about Chinese food, for me Chinese food holds a feeling of laid-back movie-like nostalgia. It has a feeling that gives you well being...

Anyways, so I talked with Haskell a bit, went with my brother to Powell's books in Beaverton... got myself a few Louis L'Amour's to read. Setting myself up so I won't rot of boredom in the last few days of break.

After I got back from Powell's I talked to Haskell again. He asked me to go with him to Jimmy Mak's, since I'd never been I figured what the heck. And it was good, I really liked it. The music was good, different but good. Then afterwords Haskell took me to the Powell's in Portland... that place is enormous. It'd be sweet if I could stop time, sit down and just read books forever. That's one thing I regret, as a child, I should have spent more time reading books, I had the time and no responsibilities.

Then drove back to Haskell's Grandparents, he grabbed Hannah's car, and followed me back to Newberg to pick up Carey... had an interesting ride back though, took way less time, messed around with a kid with a Civic Si. The 96-98 model too... nice car. Needless to say it was stupid and incredibly bold of me, we hit speeds of better than 100 mph on NW Murray...

We got back to Newberg, stopped by Shari's had some hot chocolate and waited for Carey to show up.

Then I got back into my car and drove back to my brother's apartment.

So here I sit. The credits roll on The Ghost and the Darkness... and I am happy. I've been in a great mood since last night.

Until later my brethren, remember:

Life is no girls and broken cars. - Andrew Roache

This is my new motto for life.


No comments: